The Coalition is a global, multi-stakeholder platform to build the business case and support the uptake of natural capital measurement, management, reporting and disclosure in business and investor decision making. Working for the board of directors, Dr. Maxwell secured funding, engaged key stakeholders and delivered thought leadership projects. Key successes under her leadership included:
- Developed the milestone Natural Capital Protocol project, funded by the World Bank and Moore Foundation, with the ultimate goal of delivering the future standard for natural capital valuation in business. She secured commitment and participation in the Coalition from major change agent businesses, key experts and stakeholders across business, financial institutions, policy, accounting/reporting and sustainability communities. She grew the Coalition’s global network to over 50 organisations across 5 continents and into a respected organisation at the centre of the natural capital business agenda.
- Delivered thought leadership research projects with key experts including:
- Organisational Change for Natural Capital Management
- Natural Capital at Risk and
- Valuing Natural Capital in Business – Towards a Harmonised Protocol & Taking Stock